Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti has started the admission process for the vacant seats in class 9th for the year 2022-23. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya’s are co-educational, residential schools, fully financed by the Government of India and run by an autonomous organization, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, under the Ministry of Education.
Generally, admission to Navodaya Vidyalayas is at Class VI, but to utilize available infrastructure facilities and to fill vacant seats, NVS conducts the All India level Admission Test for class IX students. The last date to apply for the admission test is 31st October 2021.
How to apply for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test for Admission in Class IX
Venue & Date of the Selection Test
The Selection Test for admission to Class IX will be conducted on Saturday, the 09th April 2022 in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of the concerned district/ any other center allotted by NVS.
How you can check your Navodaya Vidyalaya admission Test Result
Results of the Selection Test may be noted from the application portal of NVS through which the application is submitted. The result will be notified in the Vidyalaya Notice Board as well as published on the website of JNVs concerned. Selected candidates will also be intimated by Speed post and SMS.
Eligibility criteria for Class 9th admission in JNV
- Only those candidates are eligible for admission in 9th class in JNV, who are studying in Class 8th during the Academic Session 2021-2022 in the government of government-recognized schools of the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is functioning and where admission is sought.
- Candidates appearing for the admission test for the 9th class, must qualify/ pass Class VIII in the academic session 2021-22 from a Govt./Govt. recognized school in the district where he/she is seeking admission. The students who have already passed class VIII in previous academic sessions are not eligible.
- A candidate seeking admission must be born between 01.05.2006 and 30.04.2010 (both days inclusive). This applies to all categories of candidates including those who belong to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti reserves the right to refer any candidate to a MEDICAL BOARD for confirmation of the age of the candidate, in case any doubt arises about the age, based on the certificate produced by the candidate before confirmation of admission.
Selection And Admission
- The candidate has no right to secure admission into JNV till the candidate gives all the relevant certificates such as birth certificate, pass certificate of VIII class with mark sheet, SC/ST certificate if any, as prescribed by NVS for the admission.
- NVS does not tell the marks obtained in the test, and there is no provision for re-checking/re-totaling.
- Candidates will be considered for admission only in that Vidyalaya for which he/she has appeared for Selection Test.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of NVS will be final and binding on the candidates.
Examination details of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalata selection test for class 9th
- Examination Date for Class 9th lateral entry – Saturday 09th April 2022
- Duration of exam – 2 ½ hours. However, in respect of candidates with special needs (Divyang), an additional time of 50 minutes will be provided, subject to the production of certificates from the competent authority.
- The Centre for examination shall be the JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA of the district concerned/ any other center allotted by NVS.
- Medium of Language for Examination will be English/Hindi.
- Students have to answer in the OMR sheet.
Composition of the Test
The Navodaya Vidyalaya admission test will consist of questions from the subjects of Mathematics, General Science, English, and Hindi. The difficulty level of the test paper shall be of Class VIII.
Follow Seeker Times on Social media profiles for daily updates and news.