To encourage girls, the government started the Ladli Yojana in the year 2008. The aim of which is to stop feticide and empower girls. Under this scheme, the government bear all educational expenses of girls. Poor families can take benefit from this scheme. Under this scheme, government give money for studies up to class 12.
For the success of this scheme, the Delhi government has made a separate budget of 100 crores on 2 March 2021. The purpose of this separate budget is to provide benefits of this scheme to poor families. Under this scheme, the Government transfer Rs 11,000 to a bank account, which can be withdrawn at any time after the girl completes 18 years.
Who gets the benefit of the Delhi Ladli Yojana?
The benefit under Delhi Ladli Yojana 2008 is given to those families whose annual income is less than Rs 1 lakh. Only the citizens of Delhi get the benefit of this scheme. Apart from this, if the girl child was born in Delhi three years ago and she is a resident there during that time, then she can also avail the benefit. The girl should be going to a school recognized by the Delhi government. Under this scheme, only two girls of a family can get the benefit.
- Birth certificate of girl child
- Family income certificate
- Aadhar card of parent and girl child
- Caste certificate (in case of SC or ST or OBC), mobile number and passport size photograph
- Bank account passbook
- Residence certificate of last three years (ration card, electricity/water bill etc.)
- A photograph of parents with daughter
How much and when will you get the money?
To help the girls under the Ladli Yojana 2008, the Delhi government keeps sending money to the account from time to time.
- If the girl child is born in a hospital in Delhi, then Rs 11,000 is available.
- 10,000 in case of home delivery.
- 5000 on taking admission in first class.
- 5000 on admission in 6th class.
- 5000 on admission in 9th class.
- Similarly, an amount of Rs 5000 at the time of admission in class 10th and 12th.
How to apply
If you want to apply under Delhi Ladli Yojana 2008, then you can go to your district and apply for it. On the other hand, if you want to apply online, then you want to go to the official website of the Women and Child Development Department, Delhi (www.wcddel.in). On the home page: Click on the option of “Delhi Ladli Scheme”. After that, you have to download the “Application Form” PDF. After this, fill in all information in the form. After filling out the application form, attach important documents with it, and then you can submit the form.