Best electric scooters 2022: 2022 is remarkable for electric two-wheelers as this year we saw multiple electric scooters launched, including Ola S1 / S1Pro, Bounce Infinity, Simple One, and EeVe Soul. This list will tell you about the best electric scooters of 2022 in India.
Best Electric Scooters 2022
Bounce Infinity E1
There are two ways to buy the Bounce Infinity E1. The e-scooter with a battery and charger is priced at Rs 68,999 (Delhi, ex-showroom), while you can purchase the scooter without a battery at Rs 45,099 (Delhi, ex-showroom). In the second option, the company gives Battery-As-A-Service subscription. In this, users will be able to swap the battery pack from the battery swapping station at a nominal cost.
- The Infinity E1 gets a 2kWh lithium-ion battery pack, which offers a verified range of 85km on a full charge.
- The maximum torque output in the E1 is 83Nm.
- Bounce claims that the Infinity E1 electric scooter can accelerate from 0 to 40 kmph in 8 seconds and has a top speed of 65 kmph.
- A normal electric socket can charge the battery fully in 4 to 5 hours. The scooter also comes with two riding modes – Power and Eco.
The EeVe Soul price in India is Rs 1.39 Lakh (ex-showroom). The company currently has 100 dealers and 50 sub-dealers across the country.
- Talking about the power of EeVe Soul, this electric scooter comes with a top speed of 60 kmph (kmph). At the same time, its battery can deliver a range of 120 km on a full charge.
- Its battery takes 3-4 hours to charge fully charge.
- The EV uses an advanced Lithium Ferrous Phosphate (LFP) battery, and the company says we can replace it. Soul Electric Scooter is made from European technology.
The company is giving the IoT feature to monitor the battery performance in this electric scooter. Features like Geo-Tagging, Anti Theft Lock, and USB port will be available in Soul. In this, the rider will also get a key-less experience.
Simple One has launched in India for Rs 1.09 lakh (ex-showroom). However, this price does not include any subsidy. The subsidy varies from state to state, so its cost will vary from state to state.
- The Simple One electric scooter has a 4.5kW motor, which can deliver 72Nm of peak torque to the scooter.
- The scooter can accelerate from 0-40 kmph in 2.95 seconds.
- The company claims that its top speed will range from 98 kmph to 105 kmph depending on the tire. The electric scooter will have four riding modes – Eco, Ride, Dash, and Sonic.
- This scooter gets two battery packs – the first one is fixed to the bottom of the scooter and the second battery pack is removable.
- The pack at the bottom is a 4.8kWh lithium-ion pack and the removable. In this way, its overall capacity becomes more than other competing electric scooters.
- As per the company’s claim, the scooter can give a range of up to 236 km (Eco Mode) on a single charge. It can charge from 0 to 80 percent in just 2.75 hours.
Smart connectivity features are also available in Simple One. We can access many features through the large touchscreen display presented in it. In this, you can set up map navigation, control music, and customize the system from the scooter’s display itself. Apart from this, you can pair this system with your smartphone through the Simple One app. It also gives you remote access. The rider can also view his ride status through this. For security, the system comes equipped with geofencing, and a remote locking system is also available in it.
Ather 450X / Ather 450 Plus
Indian startup Ather currently has an electric scooter in its portfolio, named Ather 450X. It also has an ‘affordable’ variant, which the company calls the Ather 450 Plus. Along with the price, there is also a difference in power and range between the two. Ather is an Indian Electric Vehicle Manufacturing Start-up, which is rapidly making a name for itself.
The ex-showroom price of a 450X electric scooter in Delhi will be Rs 1,32,426. At the same time, the price of 450 Plus will be Rs 1,13,416. After the new subsidy from the Maharashtra government, the price of Ather 450 Plus in the state has gone down to Rs 1,03,416 and the price of 450X to Rs 1,22,426. These prices are inclusive of Ather dot/portable charger and performance upgrade. Thus both the models are selling at the cheapest price in Maharashtra.
- The 450X offers three riding modes, Eco, Ride, and Sport.
- There is a difference in range between these three.
- The user can get a range of 85KM in Eco Mode, 70KM in Ride Mode, and 60KM in Sports Mode.
- It has a battery of 2.9kWh capacity. Its 6kW power motor generates 26Nm of torque. The company claims that this scooter can run 15KM on a charge of 10 minutes.
- At the same time, one of its models comes in the name of Ather 450 Plus. In this variant, you get a maximum range of 70KM. Its motor comes with a 5.4kW capacity, which generates maximum torque of 22Nm.
- In this variant, 10 minutes of charge can deliver you a ride of 10KM. These scooters come equipped with features like reverse mode, GPS and navigation, a central locking system, and parking assist. In the 450X variant, you also get additional features like Bluetooth connectivity, call alerts, and music control.
Ola S1 / S1 Pro
The Ola S1 price in India is Rs 99,999 (ex-showroom). Whereas, the price of the Ola S1 Pro is Rs 1,29,999 (ex-showroom). The company is offering 10 color options, including Black, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and White.
- The Ola S1 and Ola S1 Pro were launched in two configurations – the standard Ola S1 has a 2.98 kWh battery, and the Ola S1 Pro has a 3.97 kWh battery.
- According to the company, the Ola S1 has a range of 121 km and a top speed of 90 kmph (kmph). The Ola S1 Pro, on the other hand, is said to have a range of 181 km and a top speed of 115 kmph (kmph).
- The standard Ola S1 gets two riding modes named Normal and Sports, while the Ola S1 Pro gets Normal, Sports, and Hyper riding modes.
They also get a 7-inch touchscreen display with multiple microphones, an AI speech recognition algorithm, and run on Ola Electric’s MoveOS. The Ola S1 and Ola S1 Pro electric scooters include an anti-theft system, geo-fencing, and a flame-retardant battery, which is also water and dust-resistant.
Bajaj Chetak EV
The Bajaj Chetak EV comes in two trims, the Urbane and the Premium model. The Urbane model costs Rs 1.15 lakh, and the Premium model costs Rs 1.20 lakh.
- The motor of the Bajaj Chetak EV comes with a 3800W power rating, which can generate 4,080W peak power.
- The company claims that this scooter can cover a distance of 85 to 95 kilometers on a single charge, and its battery takes 5 hours to charge fully.
- Its top speed is 70Kmph. Its digital instrument cluster looks very modern, supports Bluetooth connectivity, and supports GPS and navigation.
- You also get a USB charging port equipped with a parking assist, an anti-theft system, and geofencing support. One of its specialties is the reverse mode, through which you don’t have to use your feet to push it back.
TVS‘s first and currently the only electric scooter is the iQube, which comes with an attractive design. Its ex-showroom price in Delhi is Rs 1,38,286.
- The motor of the iQube electric scooter comes with a 3000W power rating, which can generate 4,400W of peak power.
- The company claims that this scooter can cover a distance of 75KM on a single charge, and its battery takes 5 hours to get fully charged.
- Its top speed is 78Kmph. The battery capacity is 2.25kWh and is a Lithium-ion battery.
- This scooter also supports mobile app connectivity and GPS navigation. In this, you also get a USB charging port, and it is also equipped with parking assist, an anti-theft system, and geofencing support. It also gets reverse mode.
TVS iQube vs Bajaj Chetak vs Ather 450 vs Ola S1 Pro: Best electric scooters 2022
|Basis||TVS iQube||Bajaj Chetak||Ather 450||Ola S1 Pro|
|Range||TVS iQube ST- 145km|
TVS iQube S- 100km
TVS iQube- 100km
|Bajaj Chetak delivers a claimed 90 km range on its under-performance||Ather 450 – ₹118996|
Ather 450x – ₹150657
|The claimed range is 181 km and an actual range of around 135 km|
|Top Speed||TVS iQube ST- 82KMPH|
TVS iQube S- 78KMPH
TVS iQube- 78KMPH
|80 KMPH||Ather 450X – 80 km/h|
Ather 450 Plus –
|Charging Time||0 TO 80% SOC|
TVS iQube ST- 04h 06m(950W)
02h 30m (1500W)
TVS iQube S- 4h 30m (630W)
TVS iQube- 4h 30m (630W)
|5 hours||3 h 35 min||6.5 hours|
|Battery type||LITHIUM-ION BATTERY (in all three)||lithium-ion battery pack||Lithium-Ion||Lithium-Ion|
|Battery Usable Capacity||TVS iQube ST- 4.56kWh|
TVS iQube S- 3.4kWh
TVS iQube- 3.4kWh
|3kWh||2.9 kwh/Usable – 2.6 kWh||3.97kWh|
|Display||TVS iQube ST- 7inch display (Automatic day/night mode enabled)|
TVS iQube S- 7inch display (Automatic day/night mode enabled)
TVS iQube- 5inch display (Automatic day/night mode enabled)
|Speedometer- Digital |
Odometer – Digital
|7-inch touch screen display, Google Maps, 4G LTE support, Bluetooth 4.2 for calls/music, Mobile App connect||7-inch touch screen display, built-in speakers, long-range|
|Connectivity||TVS iQube ST- Bluetooth connectivity via mobile app|
TVS iQube S- Bluetooth connectivity via mobile app
TVS iQube- Bluetooth connectivity via mobile app
|Battery level indicator||Available||Available||Available||Available|
|Price||On Road Price (in Delhi)|
TVS iQube – Rs. 98,564
TVS iQube S – Rs. 1,08,690
|Rs 1,49,350 (ex-showroom) before subsidy||Ather 450x- ₹150657||Rs 1,29,999 (ex-showroom) before subsidy|
|Website Link||Click here||Click here||Click Here||Click Here|
Which is the best electric scooter?
Ola Electric Scooter
Simple One Electric Scooter
Ather 450X Electric Scooter
Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter
Which is the cheapest electric scooter in India?
Hero Electric Flash LX VRLA is one of the cheapest electric scooters in India sold in the Indian market with a price of less than Rs. 50000 ex-showroom Delhi.
Follow Seeker Times on Social media handles for quick updates.